Suitable from 20 weeks of pregnancy onwards. Full course over 4 weeks at my home in Chatham
Small Group Classes offer a personalized experience for you and your birth supporter.
What does the course cover?
The course runs over 4 sessions that generally last around 2.5 hours. The course, which will be tailored to you particular needs will generally cover:
- How the mind works with your body to birth your baby. How hypnosis works and how it can positively impact your mindset. How this affects your pregnancy and birth in a positive way.
- We will look at things you can do to ease your birthing experience.
- We will look at the relaxation techniques which include different ways of breathing, using affirmations and special relaxations.
- We will look at the twists and turns of labour and why intervention might be offered. We will look at how hypnobirthing works well in these situations and give you a really handy tool for making your own decisions.
- We will look at delivering your placenta and the time immediately following birth.
- The final session covers going home with a newborn. The immediate postnatal period and what you can expect living with a newborn.
- We will, of course talk about, anything else that you wish to discuss!
This is an in-person, interactive experience, where you will be listened to and your thoughts and questions answered. It is not just listening to me rattle on for 2 hours!
These sessions will be at my home in Central Chatham and will be a small group of 3 couples.
This course will run on Thursday Evenings.
The course can be booked with a £50 deposit with the remainder being due 7 days prior to the course start date.
‘The modern approach to maternity care fails women, families and care providers with outdated practices that centre the needs of institutions rather than individuals.‘ (Reclaiming childbirth as a Rite of Passage, Dr Rachel Reed, 2021)
Don’t leave your birth to chance!