Who is hypnobirthing for?
If you are pregnant then a hypnobirth is for you. If you are looking for Hypnobirthing in Medway, then look no further! We know that mindset work shows parents that they have the power to birth their babies with confidence.
Ideally an Antenatal Course is best planned for the middle to second half of your pregnancy, so around 20 weeks onwards and it is generally better to have some time before the baby comes to practice what you have learned. However I can fit you in for a weekend course if time is tight or from around 16 weeks if you have a complicated pregnancy that may mean that you will birth sooner.
Hypnobirthing is great preparation for your birth however it happens. Some births will need help, that is the way of things, but a course with Medway Hypnobirth will prepare you for whichever way your baby comes to greet you.
What are the benefits of classes with Medway Hypnobirth?
Taught on a one to one/group basis by me a former Midwife.
Tailored individually to your particular circumstances.
Taught in an interactive and client friendly way that is easy to understand. I will teach you techniques that will help you remain in calm and in control.
You will gain an understanding of informed choice and the tools to make your own decisions.
I can help relieve your worries and concerns and prepare you for the confident birth of your baby.
What does the Full Course cover?
The course runs over 4 sessions that generally last around 2.5 hours. The course, which will be tailored to you particular needs will generally cover:
- How the mind works with your body to birth your baby. How hypnosis works and how it can positively impact your mindset. How this affects your pregnancy and birth in a positive way.
- We will look at things you can do to ease your birthing experience.
- We will look at the relaxation techniques which include different ways of breathing, using affirmations and special relaxations.
- We will look at the twists and turns of labour and why intervention might be offered. We will look at how hypnobirthing works well in these situations and give you a really handy tool for making your own decisions.
- We will look at delivering your placenta and the time immediately following birth.
- The final session covers going home with a newborn. The immediate postnatal period and what you can expect living with a newborn.
- We will, of course talk about, anything else that you wish to discuss!
This is an in-person/live online interactive experience, where you will be listened to and your thoughts and questions answered. It is not just listening to me rattle on for 2 hours!
These sessions will be at a pre arranged venue. I am very happy to travel to your Medway home (or you are very welcome to come here). Alternatively, or if you live more than 30 minutes from Chatham these can be arranged over zoom.
What is included?
- Gift bag containing Hypnobirthing workbook (pdf for online courses), Positive Affirmation Cards, cue cards for birth partners and some other exciting goodies.
- Access to a variety of relaxation/affirmations MP3s and scripts.
- An invite for meet up and a cuppa at around 37 weeks.
- Me! The postnatal period can be fraught with worry and so you will have my personal support throughout your pregnancy and until your baby is 1 month old.
If you are expecting to have a planned elective caesarean, I can tailor the class using a Caesarean Birth framework. Please mention this at booking.
How do I book
A FREE Taster Session
Introduction to Hypnobirthing (free online session)
4th June 2022 at 1030am
2nd July 2022 at 1030am
13th August 2022 at 1030am
10th September 2022 @ 1030am
8th October 2022 @ 1030am
12th November 2022 @ 1030am
No Taster in December/January, but please do contact me if you need more information.
These sessions last approximately 45 minutes and I will find out a little about you and what you need from antenatal classes. We will go through how a hypnobirthing course will benefit you and your partner and how we can tailor it to your unique situation. We will go through a brief visualization so you can get a taste of how they work and how this will help you achieve your Calm and Positive Birth.
General booking information
I teach mostly on Wednesdays and Thursdays (with some flexibility)
One to One Classes offer a personalized experience for you and your birth supporter.
I can be available during the day time between 10am and 2pm (start time) or in the evenings at 7.30pm.
Please contact me on the link below and once we have agreed the dates and times I will arrange your booking link for payment.
Is the postnatal Care of the Newborn course available separately?
Yes the Postnatal Session is available separately and covers coming home from hospital with your newborn, what to expect in the first few days home, infant feeding, colostrum harvesting, your hormones and your mental wellbeing. Mothering the Mother. What to look for in a well baby. How you know your baby is unwell.
This session will give you the confidence you need to get through the challenges of the first few days and weeks with a newborn baby and a recovering body.
‘The modern approach to maternity care fails women, families and care providers with outdated practices that centre the needs of institutions rather than individuals.‘ (Reclaiming childbirth as a Rite of Passage, Dr Rachel Reed, 2021)
Don’t leave your birth to chance!